William H. J. Cheng
|Title||CEO & Chairman of Lion Group|
Tan Sri William Cheng Heng Jem or William H.J. Cheng (simplified Chinese: 钟廷森; traditional Chinese: 鍾廷森; pinyin: Zhōng Tíngsēn; born 1943) is the chairman of Lion Group Malaysia, a conglomerate having diversified businesses encompassing retail, property development, mining, steel, agriculture and computer. He is known for introducing the Parkson department store chain in 1987.
Tan Sri Cheng previously served as the President of both The Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (“ACCCIM”) and The Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Kuala Lumpur and Selangor ("KLSCCCI”) and is now a Life Honorary President of ACCCIM and KLSCCCI. And director of Andalas Development Sdn Bhd.
Cheng is the largest shareholder of Parkson Holdings, which have more than 100 department stores in Malaysia, China, Vietnam and Indonesia. And assumed Parkson Retail Asia Ltd (PRA) executive position after his nephew Datuk Alfred Cheng stepped down as managing director in May 2013.
Honour of Malaysia
- "William H.J. Cheng". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "Steel tycoon Cheng sells more land". The Edge Markets. 2015-11-30. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "#21 William H. J. Cheng - Forbes.com". www.forbes.com. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "No slowing down for William Cheng". Focus Malaysia. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat".